I’ve received a lot of emails over the past 24 hours about the recent report of equine herpesvirus type 1 (EHV-1) neurological disease in an Ontario horse. The two main questions are whether there’s an outbreak and whether horse owners in Ontario should be concerned. Continue reading
* to register, click the open link under registration.
|Sun May 5||Cidermill Farms||CT & Short Course|
|Sun May 5||Twisted Pine Farm||Combined Test||Results|
|June 1 & 2||Highland Green Stable||Horse Trials||Open||May 29|
|Saturday June 1st||Training & Pre Training|
|Sunday June 2nd||Entry & Pre Entry|
|Sun June 9||Foxcroft Equestrian Centre||Combined Test||Open||June 5|
|Sun June 16||Twisted Pine Farm||Horse Trials||Open||June 12|
|Sun July 7||Sprucehaven Farm||CT & Short Course||Open||July 3|
|Sun July 28||Warwick Equestrian||Horse Trials||Open||July 24|
|Sun Aug 4||Cidermill Farms||CT & Short Course||Open||July 31|
|Sun Aug 18||Sprucehaven Farm||CT & Short Course||Open||Aug 14|
|Sat Aug 31||Warwick Equestrian||Horse Trials||Open||Aug 27|
|Sun Sept 22||Twisted Pine Farm||Horse Trials||Open||Sept 18|
|Sun Oct 6||Highland Green Stable||Horse Trials||Open||Oct 2|
|Sun Oct 27||SOCTA Banquet||Willows Golf Course, Nilestown, ON|
Twisted Pine Farm Horse Trials Oct 7, 2012
Warwick Equestrian Dev. Derbycross Aug 8, 2012
- Combined Test: must compete at 3 combined tests to qualify for year-end award.
Event / Horse Trials: must compete at 2 events to qualify for year-end award.
- Acceptable attire includes half-chaps and polo/sleeved and collared shirts (jackets optional).
- Braiding is optional.
- All riders must wear approved helmets at all times while mounted and proper footwear.
- Dressage whips are permitted.
- Readers are permitted.
- For dressage tests only snaffle bridles in which the bit is made of metal, leather, rubber or synthetic material are permitted.
- Standing martingales are NOT permitted.
- 3 refusals results in elimination at the Novice, Pre-Entry, Entry, and Pre-Training Levels.
2 refusals results in elimination at the Training and Preliminary Levels.
- No protests allowed, judge’s decisions are final.
Displays of poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated.
Show management reserves the right to refuse entries, or make changes to the show program at their discretion.
- Neither the show management, nor anyone affiliated with the show will be responsible for any loss, damage or accident while on the show grounds.
What memberships do I need?
OEF memberships are required. Click here to apply/renew.
What is a horse trials?
A horse trial is a one day event consisting of a dressage test followed by a cross-country course and ending with a round of stadium jumping.
What is a combined test?
It is basically a horse trials (event) with out cross-country.
You will receive a score in dressage and it will be added up with your stadium score.
What is a Derby?
A derby consists of cross-country and stadium jumping.
Can I only do dressage and not jump?
We encourage people to do just the dressage and will have a separate entry fee.
Can I just jump and not do dressage?
If you have other questions, feel free to leave a comment below. Also be sure to read the SWOCTA Rules here.